New CD: Labyrinth

Monday 16 April 2012

Gertrude's Brown Couch - gig

About a month ago I went to see my mate Ben Rogers play at the Fitzroy venue Gertrude's Brown Couch www.gertrudes.com.au. This is an inner city venue and I figured that it would be good for Mu-Theory to play there. After a few days of too and fro with the venue we ended up putting together an evening of music with some other bands we know - including Ben Rogers' Instrumental Asylum, Jessie Sparks - a former jazz singer with one of my earlier bands Strange Fruit, and Ben roped in The Volcaniks for some surf music.

With a vocal duo, 2 surf instrumental bands and Mu-Theory it was an eclectic line-up but by all reports the gig worked well.  We recorded our set and I'm mixing at the moment. Hoping for some decent iPhone video to combine with some of the tracks ...

Lot's of fun!

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment