New CD: Labyrinth

Tuesday 23 August 2011

We Didn't Lose It.....Quite - Some useless information from Chris

Having played in cover bands all my life, playing in an original band is a new experience for me and I'm loving it! I have creative license to play my own guitar solos ( thanks to the very tolerant Brewmeister ) rather than someone else's. Being a recording studio virgin I found the experience a little strange at first, but we'd rehearsed the material pretty solidly for a few months, so it came together pretty well. I did have a few pedantique moments during the solo sessions but thanks to Jarrad, our very patient engineer, I managed to get most things down with some semblance of what I originally envisaged.

In regard to equipment, I used a '75 Fender Stratocaster on most tracks, and a quite recently made ( '08 or '09 ) Gibson SG on a couple of others, running through a Digitech GNX3 into a Fender Bassman 50 head coupled with a 2/12 cab loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. That's about as technical I can get! Looking forward to getting out there and playing some live gigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment